Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 2011 Store Compilation Sets Review!!

That's right, I actually bought the compilation. For now I'll just post all the photos of the new items and fill in the review portion later.


Ok. First off here we have Jade wearing the Side Swept Hair and Everyday Ruffle Dress. I love the dress...three different color/pattern channels on it as you can see in the recolor. The Side Swept Hair is ok...it's just very dependent on face shape and hair color to make it look good. 

We also have the new counters and pot rack from the new Meditteranean kitchen/dining set in this photo. I love the new pot rack because the old one looks so dingy. This one adds flair without looking like you spent all of $5 on the pots and pans.


Next we have Nathan wearing the Broken Wind Jacket and A Little Layered hair. I love this hair...not a huge fan of the top but it's nice. The hair looks best in darker colors and just has that different look and texture I've been wanting for the male hairs in the game. 

You can also see the counter island, stove with lovely painting attached,  Fridge and Stove Hood. I especially love the stove and stove hood as they add a distinct style to the kitchen and you can use them to liven up the look of it.


Ok, here we have Jean and Raul. Jean is wearing the Foster the Strife Shirt outfit and Swept Softly Hair and Raul is wearing the Lost Sims Lazy Leather top and the Slightly Sided hair. 

Foster the Strife is my favorite outfit from the new set, it's so 80's throwback but modern. The only downside to the outfit is that the large grey skull portion of the shirt is not recolorable I was worried that the Swept Softly Hair wouldn't look as good as the picture but it looks amazing in game. In any colors. Lost Sims tee is one of my favs of the new guy tops. It looks wonderful on most sims and has an instant flash of style to it. Also love the Slightly Sided hair, looks great in game and very different than most of the other hair we have in the game. 

You can also see the dining chairs, table, China Cabinet(which is categorized under dressors), shelves and table lamp from the Meditteranean Kitchen set. I love the China Cabinet, shelves and lamp a lot. Very versatile, the table is really long so you really need a large dining room to house it. The chairs are also very nice.

Next up we have Tammi in the Dolled Up Dress and Jesse in the Duck Tails hair with the Barely
There Scarf top. I love Dolled up Dress... it's so cute and I'm a sucker for dresses that come with their own accessories. The Duck tails hair is one of my new favs for the men as it's a common style of hair for men. The Barely There Scarf top is nice too... I'm just not sure I'll get much use out of it.

Here we have Jesse in the Louie Little Louie hair...my least favorite from the set. I think that the long hair looks a bit wonky on the male sims.

Now these three ladies, from left to right are wearing the Boyfriend's Blazer, The Bowie top and the Lovely Lucy's Leather with Urban Skirt. Boyfriend's Blazer isn't as versatile as I'd like it to be and only works on certain sim-styles/looks. The Bowie Top is ADORABLE!! The one shown here has the little graphic on the tee but there is an option available without it. My favorite top from the set most definitely. Lucy's Lovely Leather is cute...but can look weird depending on the sim/outfit. I love the Urban Skirt... I've been waiting for a textured mini like this and am very happy with it.

Next we have Summer wearing the Lucky Leather Length dress. This dress is really cute...great for a kinda clubbing/night on the town feel.

You can also see the bed, end table, mirror and table lights from the  Luxury Spa Set in this picture. I absolutely love the Spa set. If you're going to get one of the object sets from this month get the Spa set.



Here we have Damien wearing the Alex's Wig hair and the Cool Cropped Jacket(also available for teens from this set). I like the new hair.... it flips out at the end, great for your rockers/vamps/emo guys. The top is also nice...kind've funny looking depending on sim body type but again great for the rock/vamp look.

You can also see the dresser, standing lamp(those super high candles) and the decorative pane of glass from the Spa set here. The pane of glass doesn't fully adhere to the wall without moveobjects on. With moveobjects on you can use it as a clear half wall or use double of it for a makeshift doorway.


This is the fireplace with the Luxury Spa Set. It's really nice, clean and modern. I had trouble adding it in the premade house I used for these pictures so I had to tear down some walls to get it to stick to the wall like it was supposed to...so just be wary of that when you're building/placing it.


This is the window from the Luxury Spa set. I LOVE IT!! It's huge(as you can see) and just looks great in a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment