Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 2011 Store Set Compilation Review!


For now here are the pics...will edit in the review as I go.



Ok. First up we have Gaia and Darren. Gaia is wearing the Soar Away Dress and Pert Pixie Cut as well as the Pumped Up Pom Pom Hat and Jill's Jumpsuit. Darren is wearing the Nerd Chic outfit with the Clean and Crisp Haircut as well as the Slim Fit Legs outfit with the Riddled Waves Front Haircut. 

I Love all the new female items besides Jill's Jumpsuit. As you can see it has a two channeled color system which just looks weird and pretty much looks like the Imaginary Friend outfit... I pretty much hate it. The Pixie cut is a beautiful updo and the Soar away dress is very modern and very Gaga-esque(just like another item in this set). The Pom Pom hat is amazing...I'd say it's my fav new item from the set.

Ok I pretty much don't like any of the new stuff Darren is wearing. Clean and Crisp is nice for clean cut sims and so is Nerd Chic but I feel they are too niche to be useful(to me at least). I HATE Slim fit legs...it's so preppy, ugly douchey god-awful. Riddled Waves Front is ok...it just can make your male sims head look huge because of the way it sits on it so you need to be careful of it...not a huge fan.

Also in this picture is the luxury sofa sectional(which I LOVE) the new coffeetable from the same set as well as the wall lamp from the lux lounge spa set.
                         
                                      

                                      

                                            Ok here we have Lizzy wearing the two versions of the Lacey Retreat Romper(available for teens and YA, Adults) as well as the second version of the Pom Pom hat and the Bountiful Beret. I love the Beret, Pom Pom as said before and this outfit(especially that it's available for teens as well).

We also have Evan wearing the Undone Gentleman top with the Sweetly Swept Back haircut. This is my favorite new male haircut(next to the new beanie). It just looks good. The new top is formal-esque and is really quite nice.

Also in this pic from the Luxe Lounge Spa are the Futuristic Comfort lounging chair and the Rock All Night rocks.


this is the Plants in Glass decoration from the Luxe Lounge Spa set. I really like this. Neat, pretty and functional


Here we have Todd wearing the Suburban Nights top(available for Teens, YA, Adult), the Riddled Waves haircut, and the Bundled Up Beanie. I really like the Beanie, not necessarily on Todd but I have ideas for my grungier looking sims that could use it.. I really like Suburban Nights. Kinda has a preppy, 50's cool vibe to it and it just looks really nice in game. I'm not a huge fan of Riddled Waves...too much like many other hairstyles we have and actually took me a b it to find in the game because it is so similar to other hairstyles we have.

Candi is wearing the Bound up Bows hair with the Born Beautiful dress. The Dress is pure Lady Gaga Just Dance/Poker Face time-frame...I can actually remember an outfit remarkably similar to it. The gloves are seperate from this outfit(base game gloves I just recolored to fit). I wasn't sure I would like the Bound up Bows hair but once I recolored it from the original it just looked so much better. I actually see most of the female hairs from the Luxury Resort Attire set as ones I would use on my sims(and I use A LOT of CC hair).





Here we have Portia wearing the Sweeter Than Flowers Hairstyle(I actually like this hair, it's kind've niche because of how big the flower is, I would have preferred smaller ones like in the Pert Pixie Cut, but it still looks great in game and can fit with a couple different outfits).

We also have Dale wearing the Monster Mash Beanie recolored in it's various channels(all except the white of the eyes, which is in fact recolorable). This beanie is great, it's so cute and works well with some of the Generations wear. 

You can also see the new Bunk Bed, Bookshelf and Arcade Cabinet from the Back 2 Skool set here. I really don't see myself using the items from that set all too often as they have a sort of industrial, jagged edge look I don't usually use in my houses but I could see them in a themed room/set of rooms. 





In the last set of pictures we have Prtia wearing the new Rosy cheeked Hair. It's a really cute hair with an open back to the beanie. 

We also have Candi in the last version of the Pom Pom hat next to the new Shark Slip n Slide from the Back 2 Skool set. 

We can also see the desk, shelf and light from the aforementioned set in the first picture with Portia.

All in all I really like some of the items in this compilation but feel like there are a lot of things I won't be using between all the sets.

I give it a 6.5/10 as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment