Monday, May 9, 2011

Makeovers! Part One

      Ok I lied a little since the first three Sims I gave makeovers had the least done to them. Anyhoo, have you ever just looked at something you made either a few days/weeks/months ago and thought: What the hell was I thinking? That was happening to me lately when going over my Simbin and seeing some of my Sims... the colors didn't match, the hair was hideous, and the outfits were just..ugly.

     So I decided to go on a mass makeover undertaking("mass" being  6 - 8 sim makeovers). Most outfits were scrapped or reworked, all hair was changed. All. Hair. and some of the gals even had a little work done(Blasphemous!). Unfortunately for my first batch of girls there were no before pics as I deleted them as soon as the cleaner, better versions were created. So lets get started!

     The lovely lady in my first post of the blog is Brittaney. She has actually gone through 3 seperate iterations as there was just something about her face that didn't look right. I actually feel like she is "complete" now and personally think she turned out beautifully.


      This is her everyday outfit. It is from the Outdoor Living Stuff SP(which seriously has some amazing clothing in it). Believe me it is much much better than her original outfit which was some brown jacket and blue skirt combo that just was so....awful.


     I'll only post up one outfit pic and one face pic for each girl made over as it will stop clutter. As you probably can tell, I do not use the EA default face skin. I actually use the Ephemera Face Skin Replacement and have found it has a much better texture for the skin and lips.

Next up on the makeover train was Lanthe Merestes, who out of the three here had the most work done.


     I actually didn't have to change anything clothing wise on Lanthe, her outfit here is from the Faire Folk set in The Sims 3 Store. What I did work on with Lanthe was her facial structuring as her face was very....jagged  . This is what I came up with:

     I played with the sliders on her jaw/cheekbones A LOT. It took quite a while but I was able to soften up her face and give it a much rounder appearance overall. I ended her makeover with a hairstyle change from a shoulder-length haircut to the shorter, almost boyish cut you see here. I think it just makes the angles of her face really stand out in the photos.

and the last of the first group but definitely not the least was Octavia. Octavia was actually the one of the group that actually had the least work done as all I did was change her makeup and soften and shorten her jaw.

     I think she turned out quite well. She's one of my more themed Sims as most of her outfits and hair are from the High-End Loft Stuff SP.

She also has a great personality.


     You may have noticed something about these three Sims on the close-ups of their faces. They use very little to no makeup. I've been on a little no makeup kick and quite honestly, it's been going quite well as a lot of my Sims look even better without full on makeup.

     Stay tuned for more Makeovers with actual Before and After pictures! I'll also be writing a review of the new Everyday Casual Chic Store Set as I think it is one of the best Store Sets yet and well worth your money(and you will definitely see some of those outfits on my made over sims. I'll leave you with a pic of the three newly made over ladies enjoying a picnic in Twinbrook.




No comments:

Post a Comment