Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Perfectly Flawed

My last post was an incomplete entry for a modeling comp on the Sims 3 forums. Here is the completed entry:

The modeling comp is based on music and each assignment we are given a different song and we have to show our interpretation of the song. This particular song was Perfectly Flawed by Otep, a favorite of mine. 

The song is about depression and suicide(prevention) so for my photo I decided to portray my model as a teenager and have her older, wiser self sing the song to her younger self as a faded apparition. I faded the photo as an homage to the chorus line about faded photographs.

I was so happy I was able to do this photo. It meant a lot to me to finally be able to represent one of the songs that saved my life and truly show that it does get better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment